The main objective of this task is to analyse, to compare and to improve:
- The approaches applied in the different Countries for contrasting forest fires
- The training systems for increasing the efficiency and the effectiveness of fire prevention
In detail, it will be investigated and compared:
- Legal and organization aspects of forest fire prevention and suppression
- Analysis of procedures and techniques
- Comparative evaluation of health and safety risk assessment and prevention and protection measures in forest fire fighting
A SWOT analysis about forest fire fighting in Mediterranean area will be then developed and the guidelines “Similarities and differences between EU Mediterranean Countries in forest fire fighting: a challenge for improvement” will be prepared.